Panoway on Wayzata Bay
Panoway on Wayzata Bay will restore and revitalize Wayzata’s most unique community asset: the Lake Minnetonka waterfront.
The project spans nearly 3,000 linear feet of lakeshore and more than 15 acres of park land. It starts at the historic Wayzata Depot and extends east to the Section Foreman House.
Key elements include:
- The transformation of the city’s municipal parking lot at Lake and Broadway into a new Plaza Park.
- The redesign of Lake Street from Broadway to Barry to create a more pedestrian-friendly downtown.
- Upgrading and renovating Depot Park to make it more accessible and inviting.
- Creation of an Eco Park that will restore the vital marshline along Lake Minnetonka and improve water quality.
- Renovation of the historic Section Foreman House to create a community room and an interactive environmental learning center.
- Development of a boardwalk that will connect the various elements of the Lake Effect shoreline project.
- Upgraded railroad crossings at Barry and at Broadway to enhance accessibility and safety for residents.