The Wayzata Conservancy was established in 2016 to advocate for and raise private philanthropic funds for Panoway. The City/Conservancy Partnership Agreement was approved by the City Council in August 2016 and outlines the roles and responsibilities of each institution related to fundraising and decision making
Advocacy and Private Fundraising
- Provides fundraising expertise and capacity and is the primary liaison to the philanthropic community
- Coordinates and leads the pursuit of Private Funding and support the City as appropriate in securing Public Funding at the City’s direction.
- Advocates for the project’s long-term success through stakeholder communication, awareness, project coordination, and championing Panoway in the community.
- Abides by the highest legal and ethical standards for non-profit tax exempt organizations
- Manages and disperse all gifts, grants and contributions in accordance with its tax exempt status and mission
- Seeks the appropriate approvals of the Wayzata City Council and abides by the direction of the Council