The Wayzata Conservancy was established in 2016 to advocate for and raise private philanthropic funds for Panoway.
The City/Conservancy Partnership Agreement was approved by the City Council in August 2016 and outlines the roles and responsibilities of each institution related to fundraising and decision making
Help us Create a More Connected, Clean and Welcoming Lakeshore in Wayzata.
The Wayzata Conservancy is a 501 (c3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to support the implementation of Panoway by undertaking efforts to raise private funds, advocate for the support and long-term success of Panoway and collaborate with the City of Wayzata. The City of Wayzata is the owner of the land and public improvements and is responsible for construction, on-going management, programming and maintenance. The City and Conservancy welcome and work with additional partners approved by the City to advance the project’s mission, including both public and private agencies such as the Three Rivers Park District, Wayzata Community Education and the YMCA.
Panoway will be completed in Phases as funding is secured and will take several years to complete. Current estimates stretch future projects through 2024 or 2025.
Phase 1 of Panoway was completed in September of 2020 including the beautiful 911 Memorial.
Advocacy and Private Fundraising
- Provides fundraising expertise and capacity and is the primary liaison to the philanthropic community
- Coordinates and leads the pursuit of Private Funding and support the City as appropriate in securing Public Funding at the City’s direction.
- Advocates for the project’s long-term success through stakeholder communication, awareness, project coordination, and championing Panoway in the community.
- Abides by the highest legal and ethical standards for non-profit tax exempt organizations
- Manages and disperse all gifts, grants and contributions in accordance with its tax exempt status and mission
- Seeks the appropriate approvals of the Wayzata City Council and abides by the direction of the Council